Campaign Finance, Government Contracting, Tax, Lobbying & Ethics Rules
This comprehensive one-day training seminar brings you up-to-date on Congressional and White House responses to Citizens United and other key developments involving lobbying, ethics and tax rules at this annual conference.
Citizens United reinforced the First Amendment rights of corporations and labor unions to participate in the political process by advocating the election or defeat of clearly identified candidates. After this landmark event, how can groups most effectively, and legally, participate in the political and public affairs process?
Hear from FEC Chairman Petersen; Mike Duncan, former Republican National Committee Chairman; and Michael Boos, Citizens United Vice President and General Counsel.
Thursday, May 6, 2010
8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
The Offices of McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP, Washington, DC
- Practical developments and new areas of concern in federal campaign finance law
- A discussion from both sides of the political aisle regarding political party and interest group activity after Citizens United
- Experience the Supreme Court journey with Michael Boos, Vice President & General Counsel of Citizens United
- Insights into current DOJ FCPA prosecutions, public-corruption investigations and enforcement priorities
- Issues affecting nonprofit organizations and donors providing financial support for political activities
Register today and Save 50% off the BNA Subscriber rate of $595. Enter discount code “MLA10” at online checkout.
CLE credit will be available.
For more information or to register by phone, call 800-952-2477.